The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) permits residents of California to request certain details about the data we have collected about you and request deletion or change to the data. California residents have the Right to Know or the Right to Access Information about Collection, Disclosure and Sale of your Personal Information over the past 12 months.
The scope of information in the Higher Education Directory database and HigherEd Direct is strictly limited to business contact data of academic and administrative personnel at accredited, degree granting post-secondary institutions in the United States and its territories. The data we maintain within our database is sourced from publicly available information or is provided to us voluntarily from the colleges and universities included in our database.
Data elements collected include:
- Institution name
- Institution main mailing address
- Institution main telephone and fax number
- Administrator name
- Administrator title
- Administrator direct telephone number and extension
- Administrator email address
Administrator name, title, direct telephone and email addresses are provided by our institutional contacts. Institutional contacts are informed that, “Information submitted will be published in the Higher Education Directory, and made available to those in and working with the higher education community via print and electronic formats.” Our institutional contacts can include as much or as little information as they choose. Although much of this information is publicly available on institutional websites, we only store email and direct telephone information that has been volunteered to us by our institutional contacts.
California residents have the right to request the following information:
- Categories of personal information HEP, Inc. has collected about you;
- Categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- Categories of your personal information that HEP, Inc. sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- Categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information that HEP, Inc. has about you
The Higher Education Directory database and HigherEd Direct does not collect or store any consumer information such as browsing history, purchasing preferences, personal email address, home address, home telephone number, gender, religion, political affiliation, interests, etc.
You have the Right to Deletion of information you or your institution have shared with us regardless of your state of residence. To request information we have in our database or to request removal from our database, please e-mail email@example.com or call 888-349-7715.